Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Holes

Xecus

When i make my model I use may holes.

So think for a better way to make holes in the model.

So I want to know if there's a way like micro or somthing to make a multi holes with the same sittings in several locations. (many points i creat it before)

And when i creat them i can edit them as one feature.

If there's any one know how I can do this plz send me

Hi Xecus,
you can use the "Expressions" dialog (ctr-e) to create formulas/variables that you can use to define for example the diameter of the hole. When you enter the diameter of the hole you input the expression instead of a constant value - for one or all of your holes. Then you change the expression which triggers a diameter change for your holes.

You can also look into using so called UDF (User Defined Features) and/or KF (Knowledge Fusion) which both let you automate typical activities within the CAD-system.

Best of luck,
Joru

swcalvert
I did that but every hole is an individual feature but what I mean make all the holes as one feature.

I think Joru go sooo close.

But if u have a way to make the same by using a single sketch and make one feature for a group of holes.

it would be great.

The neat thing about UG is that the sketch becomes a feature itself. I guess I'm not really understanding just what you're after.

You could create an expression called 'hole-1' and make it equal 5mm and make another expression called 'hole-2' and make it equal 7mm. Now you could control these holes (whether they are part of several sketches or just holes) via the expression dialog. This is what I'm getting from Joru.

So, I think that I would create what ever expressions I require for however many different holes I wanted to control all at once and then create one or more sketches to control the position of these holes. I know that I do it this way not only in UG but also in Solidworks.

BTW, this way of doing things in UG is why UG is better than the rest at expressions.
Edited by: swcalvert

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back