Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametric Helix with Variable Pitch

syaltut

Hello all, I'm newbie. I have a problem to modelling a Parametric Spring with Variable pitch. I will use this spring to be a Deformable Component that I will use in Assy.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks

What do you mean by deformable. Do you just need to design a spring that has parameters and that you can change? Or are you after something else. Let me know and I'll be able to point you in the right direction or send you a part file of a variable spring that I mad that is a family table.

Let me know and i'll get back to you

Sorry for late respond. Yup, I want design a spring with variable pitch (for example, 3 variable pitch. First pitch with 5 turns and 3 units of pitch, Second one with 20 turns and 7 units of pitch, and third one with 5 turns and 3 units of pitch). I want that spring has parameters that I can change, so when I assy in my Assembly files it will be changed to fit the proper length of distance.

Thanks

One way this can be done it by using expressions you could have an if statement to take care of the things you want to controll. The turns and units of pitch. You could make one expression that is the type of spring (1,2,3) for your example

type=1 (5 turns and 3 pitch)

t=if(tpye==1)(5) else t1

t1=if(type==2)(20) else t2

t2=if(tpye==3)(5) else t3

t3=xxxxxxx

p=if(type==1)(3) else p1

p1=if(type==2)(7) else p2

p2=if(type==3)(3) else p3

p3=xxxxxxx

when you define the expressions for the helix you will type in p for pitch and t for turns, and when you change the type # it will change the turns and pitch of the helix.

Hope this helps

Hi Friend,

I cant understand what you said.

how can we custamize helix with this "if" statement?

please tell me instep by step, it will be verry helpfull to me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Regards

Magesh

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back