Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

creating conic sketches

street v

Need sketcher help.

I'm trying to create a sketch of a cutoutwith 2 perpendicular lines and a conic to tie them together. I'm using a conic shape instead of a radius. I can create the conic fine, but when I try to constrain the conic to the lines by making tangencies and adding dimensions, the sketch either turns yellow or red. What does that mean and why won't it constrain?

As an alternative, I tried using a spline, but I can't make the end points tangent!

street v,
the color changes of your sketch determines hot many degrees of freedom you still need to constrain in your sketch. In NX4 a red sketch means that it is fully constrained, a yellow sketch tells you that you have overconstrained your sketch (if i remember correctly).

Watch the information bars at the top right which tells you how many DOFs you still need to constrain.

It is possible to change the color coding scheme using the preferences to suit your own liking.

Regards,
Joru

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back