Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

More sketcher questions

acciardi

Hello all - I'm seeing what I believe to be somewhat bizzare behavior in the NX4 sketcher.

1. When I use "project" to copy an existing feature edge into the sketch, and then trim that entity, the projected sketch entity loses its associativity to the existing geometry. You then have to manually add a colinear constraint to restore the associativity.

2. See 1 above - if the feature used to project the entity into the sketch is not parallel to the sketch plane (for example the edge of a cylinder), then NX will not let me establish the colinear (or any other) constraint. The workaround I have been using is to project another entity and make it reference, then align the sketch entity to the reference entity.

3. If you select a face to project into the sketch plane, you get every edge in the face, and you now have to go hunting for the redundant entities.

Is this the normal behavior, or am I missing a trick?

Thanks,

Ed Acciardi

Hai.

I find the same problem. Since u have posted it a few months back, U might have got the answers of these. can U help me too.

Thanx

Dear acciardi,

Don't use "Quick Trim" command for trimming Projected curves (forcurvescreatedinside the sketchucan use it). Instead use Edit->Edit Curve-> Trim (Don't forget to make "Associative output" ON in the trim curve dialog box)

Hope it works for u

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back