Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MS excel 2003 not compatible with NX2

jack1414

Hi folks,

I think MSexcel 2003 (spreadsheat)is not compatible with UG NX2. Whenever itry to create part families in NX2 , an error message pops up saying that the version of excel is not supported. This is not the case if u use NX2with Office 2000.

Have you contacted GTAC to report this? I use V18 and had our IT dept. load excel 200 and office 2003 and I'm working fine.

Steve

Hi steve,

that is what we hadalready donein our office also, (loading office 2003 & Excel 2000), butif i want touseexcel 2003 itself !!, which is compatible with nx3. And moreover who don't want to go for higher version ?! I think UGS people need to release patch for this bug.

What subversion of UnigraphicsNX2 do you have? I'm using NX2.0.6.2 mp2 and Excel 2003 works fine with it. So the best solution for your problem is to obtain the latest maintenance pack/release of NX2. I do remember that there were problems with loading Excel 2003 with earlier subversions of NX2. Here is a solution how to fix it.

1. Open registry using regedit.exe [ Start -> Run -> regedit.exe](you must have administrator priviledges to do this)

2. Find branch HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Application\CurVer

3.Change it's default value (in the right panel - Excel.Application.11)to Excel.Application.9

4. Find branch HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Application.11

5. Rename it toExcel.Application.9

6. Close registry

7. Start Excel 2003

8. Go to Tools->Add_Ins

9. In dialog click Browse..

10. Locate file <NX2 installation dir>\UGII\ug.xla and click OK

11. a Ug addin will appear in addins dialog.

12. close excel

13. Start Unigraphics NX2 and try to load spreadsheet.

Sorry for horrible english ...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back