Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

solid of revolution

cpce

Hello UG Forum,

This is the second time I have created a solid of revolution, but something is wrong this time and I don't know what it is. Might you be inclined to help me?

The screenshot below shows a sketch of a boss that I would like to revolve. The sketch was created by moving the WCS to an offset from the nearest corner and then sketching on that datum plane. I don't know if this matters, but I set two of the lines in the sketch to be fixed: the one that is is colinear with XC and the other that is colinear with ZC (even thought I said colinear, I didn't use a colinear constraint - know what I mean?). Also, all surrounding "vertical" walls are tapered.

The procedure I am following is insert -> design feature -> revolve. That procedure brings up the dialog in the 2nd screen capture below. The help seems to indicate that I should get a different dialog. What am I supposed to do to revolve this boss sketch about ZC to obtain the solid boss?

Thank you for your time,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back