Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to draw a Die and how to draw a screw

Xiaoxi

Hello

I'm learning UG on my own by drawing ramdom objects and replicating other's files with NX2. Lately, I've been trying to draw a die, but each corners are rounded and the round comand does not doe corner rounds. Would someone please let me know how to do this.

Second model that I have been working on is a screw, I remember in Pro/E you can do a revolve feature which will show all the threading. Would someone please let me know how to do this on ug.

Hi,

It is not possible to create round if there is a intersection between two phases.There is a artificial inteligence in UG that won't allow you to create any random features.First think about the manufacturability of this part.In sort, always create model in UG keeping in your mind what is your design intent .

To create screw first create curve with the help of "helix" feature and use sweep the shape you desired.This can be use only if screw size is not known to UG database otherwise you can directly create thread with the "thread feature".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back