Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

adding text in model

saran

hai am saran and am new 2 this group.

i would like 2 know how 2 add text in modelling.i saw someplanes in modelshave text nearby it like DATUM A,DATUM B....

can any one clear my doubt.awaiting for ur reply frnds

hoping for the suitable reply

If i understood properly:
If you want add note to 3d model in modeling ( or dimms) you must go to drafting, and : go Format and turn off Display Sheet, and you can use all tools from drafting in 3D space ( in MODELING). But one thing - yours notes are drafted on X-Y plane (if you want change direction - rotate WCS).

Sorry for my english....

Best Regards

Marek

Hi Saran

if ur are not clear with the above answere ,

i too have technic to slove ur problem...

take a new file swtich on to a drafting the type requried information which u want

using anntotation edtior and then go file menu use option export , ---CGM ---

and save the file where u want

And then open the file where u need to palce the text, and go file menu , use option import CGM , and u will get the text in ur modelling mode and place whereever u want.... still if ur not clear... sedn ur reply ...

Satya

<?:namespace prefix = o /><O:p>Design Engineer-SBI/HS-PD
Infotech Enterprises Ltd.
Hyderabad-500033
E-mail:[email protected]
URL: www.infotechsw.com
</O:p>

In NX3 you canselect Insert - Curve - Text. This creates a feature with the Text you enter. You can change the height and length with handles. Then use extrude to turn into a solid if desired. If you are using a version older than NX3 then use the procedure previously defined in this thread.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back