Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Master Model

anshushere

Dear Friends,

Could anyone let me know the master Model Concept in Ug NX.

Anshuman
smiley19.gif

Hai anshuman,

In master model concept , U hav to create new files for other downstream applications in assembly modelling environment.For example..for creating drawing,..U have to create a new file and add ur part in assembly environment before going to drawing application. It allows different users on work same part

Praveen

Master Model is the concept were you have a file for a solid part and use that file as a component in a drawing file or assembly file. This allows you to work on the solid file and another person work on the drawing file.

BTW, UG is the only CAD package that doesn't force you to use the Master Model concept.

steve

I have 5 years of core UG experience & I never felt use of Mastermodel concept.This concept is mainly used in some low end software where different file for drawing & modeling.

UG_PROFESSIONAL said:
I have 5 years of core UG experience & I never felt use of Mastermodel concept.This concept is mainly used in some low end software where different file for drawing & modeling.

That is not the case. The MM can be used for downstream activities such as process source, fe-modeling/simulation, tolerance checking, assembly etc. large actors use it alot. Joru

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back