Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

greetings fellow CAD meisters

B to the J

hi there fellas,

Good day to ya'll! I just signed up today

I was wondering how do I get started on drafting on UG NX2.Coz each time when I click on Application drafting a white piece of sheet appears which I find it hard to get backon my currentwindow.By the way please correct me for my stupidity that when you are running a UG file you are only allowed to open one window at a time? True or false?

So how do I click on the parts under modellingand place them on the drafting sheets?thank you

Another thing is that what would be the best and the cheapest way to purchase a UG NX2 or NX3 complete guide book I mean from modelling to motion analysis to manufacturing to drafting? thank you

I've tried Ebay and DesignViz.com................any other suggestions.

thank you and peace out

Hi,

Here is the answers for ur question

1) Try this to get out from the white screen display.

Go to PREFERENCES-------> VISUALIZATION------>Then GO to COLOR SETTINGS tab then UNCHECK the MONOCHROME DISPLAY. Now u all set.

2) U can run only one window at a time in UG

3) Iam not exactly get ur question "So how do I click on the parts under modellingand place them on the drafting sheets". Explain it bit better

To insert a drawing view.

APPLICATION---DRAFTING :unless you are already in drafting in which case you obviously dont need to do it.

Then you can do this several ways, but one is to choose INSERT---VIEW (and then) ---VIEW (again)

Select the view that you want to place in the drafting sheet, and set the scale so that it fits onto the sheet. and then simply place the view where you want it.

Make sure you set the size of the drawing sheet you want to use before you place the view... makes it easier.

Not sure about where to find the "Dummies guide to UG..." I guess this is it.. :)

We all got sent on a training course here at work when we changed to UG... so maybe ask your employer to send you on a course, or if you are the boss... book yourself onto a course.

Ciao..

Looks like you got your drafting question answered.

Have you looked at online training?

At the risk of sounding like a sales guy, check out www.ikstata.com we have a full line of UG training from the basics to advanced topics.

Don't bother looking for any books on the manufacturing aspect of UG or other online resources because they are not available. I have had all of my training at various UG sites but in retrospect, I feel that if you go with something like camster has recommended, you will be better off. In my opinion, they are probably some of the most knowledgable people for this. You might want to try CAST but it will leave you asking questions as well.

It would be best if you can get training where you can ask questions related to your projects and they have the personnel to answer your questions. In other words, you need someone teaching mfg who has been there before.

Larry

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back