Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Starting a part in NX3

tootallbob

I am new to the ugs community. I am trying to learn NX3 with ugs cast.

Is there such a thing as start part files like in Pro/e? If so where can I find some.

Hi,

I am not familar with Pro_E. U can find ugcast parts in UG root directory..ugcast folder..

Regards,

praveen

UG does not have the template start parts like Pro/E does, at least for modling. For drafting UG does have templates. I think if you are using TeamCenter, it does have this functionality.

The best way to do it in UG is to create a start_part file and make it read-only. Then you always open that part when you want to create a new part and do a Save-As to your file name. A lot of customers have automated this process with GRIP or UG/Open API. At our location, we create a new part from GRIP and use the system default files to provide our start information along with some changes by the GRIP program before we save the file under its real name.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back