Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

placing text on a model

chill2001

I want to know how you can place text directly on a model or a surface.

Is it something like a cosmetic sketch in Proe?

hi,

u can add text on model in drawing environment..U can get text on XY plane only.( using Annotation

In UG there is no direct option to create a text on a surfaceor amodel.

Go to APPLICATION----> DRAFTING

Here type what text u want and place it to the dimension required in the model.

Then go to EXPORT-----> CGM

Give a name to the file and then inthe dialogue box appearing set the following options and export it.

SOURCE ---> DISPLAY (DISPLAY IS ZOOMED TO YOUR TEXT)

CGM SIZE---> SCALE

SCALE FACTOR = 1

TEXT SELECTION -----> POLYLINES

VDC COORDINATES ----> REAL

FONTS------------> 4CALS

Then go to modeling, ORIENT the WCS to the required orientation, then go to

FILE-----> IMPORT-------> CGM

Now you get the text on the suface as curves. By using this curvescreateEXTRUDE features and SUBTRACT/UNITE the extruded bodies. Now u get the text IMPRESSED/IMPOSSED on the model.

I think this makes sense to your question. I have no idea about PRO-E

Hi ,

There is one way to create a text on a surface or a model.

Open the part,goto Application-->Drafting-->Format--> Display Sheet(NX2)/Drawing(NX).You will enter into the model with the toolbars of Drafting.

Enter text in the Annotation editor and place the text where ever you want.You can even add leader to the text and give reference of the model or a surface.

Hope this works for you.

Satya.

hi chill,

I dint get ur question .U wanna place text on model or u lookin to engrave or extrude text on surface.For 1rst case .myself and satya posted messages

In 2nd case...u can export text into cgm and import on solid for extrude or cut.( up to NX2) In NX3 ..u can directly extrude or cut.

Regards,

praveen

I wanted to create a feature that would represent a printed text on the model. I was able to use alagapgn method for this application.

By the way thanks alagapgn for your detailed answer.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back