Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part Modelling-Definitions

Hareesh, I've never heard of Cabinet Modeling, in the UG since, but Associative Modeling means just what you think. What version of UG are you seeing these terms?

Hello,

The above two questions were asked in an interview I attended (The company name I cannot disclose).

The definition of Associative Modelling,I think it applies to all the CAD Modelling packages,it is not particular to UG,the definition I have been searching on the internet.

I have heard of Associative Drafting,which means we can edit feature paramsfrom draftingmode itself(just like in ProE,don't get bored as I have been quoting ProE everywhere).

I have also neverheard about Cabinet Modelling.

Associative Modeling means that you "associate" a solid model with a 2D drafting view. Or maybe more to the point, it means that in an assembly/drafting view, you will see changes made to your model.

The only thing I know about the word "Cabinet" is what I learned from drating classes. Cabinet projection, which is angle and length of preceeding lines in a view.

I did not understand what u r trying to tell about associative modelling.

As far as the definition of Cabinet Modelling is concerned,u may be correct,he would havemistakenlyasked me the definition of CabinetModelling instead of Cabinet projection.

OK try this then, Associative Modeling means that you have a solid model and a drawing of that solid model. When you change a parameter on the solid, it automatically changes on the drawing (and vice versa on some CAD packages). The solid and drawing are "Linked" together. And, of course, this is true with assemblies. You can change a solid model and then the assembly will update with those changes and it will even tell you that if you changed something that effects the way you had the component assembled. Example: You have a screw mated to a hole in another piece and then you remove that hole, when you go back to the assembly, you should get a message that says something like "The mating conditions no longer exist for the screw".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back