Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part modeling

Zaki

Could any body like to give me a detailed tutorial for UG NX part modeling? I recently start the work but I could not understand the modeling environment. Basically I am a Wild Fire user

Boy o'boy are you in for a treat. they don't even work the same way. I don't know if I can get my hands on it again ,but i did have an in-house *.PDF on UG modeling V18.

Zaki, what are you trying to do? Like chill2001 said, Ug and WF are different. What I first do is start out with one of the 'Primitives' like block or cylinder or maybe I just sketch on a plane. And then just start adding (or subtracting) features like slots or holes or pads or bosses or you can sketch something.

Have you taken any classes yet?

iam working on proe.but i have worked in UG18 before.in proe u will start with datum plane.but in UG u have to start with co-ordinate axis.it can be wcs.

Hi guys

I am very thanksfull for all of u like Steve Calvert, Cadman and Hareeshtd.

Basically I am a user of WildFire and I have sufficient expertese from part modeling to mold design and manufacturing. Now I want to get experise in UG. So I need some tutorials and books specially on Manufacturing and surface or complex shape modeling like blend and veriable section sweep in WF.

Thanks for all

Zaki

Zaki,

If you're learning UG consider yourself lucky to be starting with NX. I started learning on UG v18 and there was a lot of functionality that I found was missing. From what I've seen of NX2 I think all my problems with UG have been fixed one of them being parametric datum points. in v18 If you create a point you can place it 50% of the way along a curve but if the curve changed the point just kept its original x,y,z location as it was created.

The main differences between UG and Pro/E are how it considers datums as references when chosing sketch placement. NX is very similar to how Wildfire works because in UG sketches have always been separate features and were used to create features from the sketch geometry.

UG used to use placed csys as references for sketching curves and worked much like auto cad by creating un dimensioned curves that were difficult to modify. Now with the new sketcher and constraints system there is a high amount of parametric control. Unlike in Pro/E on UG when you hit constraints icon you can pick the curves you want to constrain and it will show you all the availible constraints that can be given and you can constrain a lot at one time.

One of the best ways I learned was by trying to create simple models that could use a lot of functionality to help me learn. I think It should be pretty easy to learn the New UGNX versions with your Pro/E experience.

The UG CAST site listed by hareeshtd
very good place to learn and you should have CAST or Computer Assisted Self Teach installed on your computer or a shared workstation at your company because it is a very useful tool for training new users.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back