Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help: nuts and bolts mate

kil_L3r

Hi.. Im a Computer Engineering student and designing our prototype that will be presented in our defense. My problem is, I have this bolt and nut i have designed. Then, i want this nut to be inserted into the bolt which when i rotate the bolt, that nut will move up and down. My parts design was correct but i dont know how to assemble and test the motion of the bolt and nut i have designed. Can someone out there help me this. I greatly appreciate for any help you can give. thnx

Hi, Maybe this can help. If you want the assembly for presentation only, you can create a helical sketch on the inside thread and mate it to a point on the outside thread to have a thread like motion. You can also try mating it using advance mate feature like follow path with the same intent. Or you can try physical dynamics in assembly motion and see if it works well. you need to have same thread pitch also. I think the thread clearance would be checked on this but I'm not sure if it turns out smoothly. u in cebu/manila?

im from albay bro.. bicol in particular.. tnx for the reply. I already done what u have think but it doesnt turn the way i want it to be. Could you check my parts model and help me with it??

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back