Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installation and Administration guide?

dgs

I'm currently the Pro|E admin at my company. I've been asked to expand that role and become the general CAD admin, including SW (and maybe UG
smiley5.gif
).

I've used Pro|E for 12 years and know it well. I have only used SW sporadically over the past 4-5 years. Pro|E has a robust set of tools available for managing installations and company wide software configurations and standards. What is available for managing SW installations?

With Pro|E I'm able to control a small set of options and settings (templates, etc) across my user base. I'd like to do the same with SW. Is that possible?

I looked in the SW 2008 help adn there was nothing in there about installation or administration.

Thanks,

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12">

Hi,

In
SolidWorks you have the copy settings wizard, you can find it by
programs-SolidWorks-SolidWorks tools

That setting does not maintain those settings and it's an all or nothing proposition. The user's can change them after I've copied them. I have no interest in controlling all the SW settings, only a few like the default templates and others that effect model quality and consistency.

I've found that there is really no way to effectively manage software configurations across a company with Solidworks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back