Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fitting Sketches to NonPlanar Surfaces

AeroAj

Hello,

I am working with surfaces and need to place a pattern on the face. The problemI am running in to is that my surfaces are curved in multiple directions and have no planar faces. If any one has an idea of how to fit a sketch to a curved surfacethat would be great!

thanks

AeroAj said:
ello, I am working with surfaces and need to place a pattern on the face. The problemI am running in to is that my surfaces are curved in multiple directions and have no planar faces. If any one has an idea of how to fit a sketch to a curved surfacethat would be great! thanks

I discovered a method because I was experiencing issues with SW one day that I then didn't have the next day. Anything, the method here may work for you can be found within an article I wrote about this (originally for a completely erroreous reason, but now it may be useful afterall):

http://www.fcsuper.com/swblog/?p=78

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back