Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Standards Data

endgame37

I am currently using the old 2004 version of Solidworks, and I am trying to set up standards data. I have been able to create a set of modifed standards for the hole tables but it is cumbersome and I would like to automate the process with equations in an excel sheet. Is there a way to have the standards pulled from an excel sheet or access database?

What standards data are you referring too? Which area of SW are you working to set this "standards"?

I am referring to the standards data for the hole tables. Under tools, options, system options, data options, edit standards data. I have created a new set of standards based on ANSI, however we use a differant standard for hole fits, and I cannot locate the file where solidworks is pulling this data from to setup equations or at the very least centralize the data so it does not need to be setup on every seat.

2004 is so far back now, i'm not sure what the solution here is. If you are using Hole Wizard, you should be able to create your own favorites, however I do not think you are going to be able to pull in excel data for this without substantial programming (cure worse than the disease).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back