Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cutting objects

njsavage

Hi all,

I have an extruded circle 50mm deep. I am trying to cut through the extrusion to leave sections. I am using the 'extruded cut' function hwoever I am having dificulties. 1 - once i extrude eveything else disappears. is there a way to cut the object but keep the remaining pieces? if not then... 2 - I cut the first section. afterwards i use the same extruded circle to cut the next piece along. however only the first section is left. any ideas??

i can post the sldwrk file if required.

cheers

njsavage,

check that when you make the extruded cut the 'multi-bodies' tick box is correctly set to allow SW to create multi-bodies within the one part. I'm pretty sure if it isn't selected correctly, then only one part will remain as you have mentioned.

I don't have access to SW in work which is where I am now so let me know if you have any luck and I can check later.

Michael

Thanskf or the advice.

I couldnt find the multibody featuer but found the slipt function. using the cutting sketch i was able to cut the sections. individual files were created for them. This is a good way to work as I may need to make changes (such as chamfer properties) which need to be applicable to all bodies.

If you think of anything else let me know

cheers

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back