Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Where "Save-as" dialog is pointing

Jmorton76

Hello all,

What I have been doing when I pull new components in from the designlibrary and do a "save as", SW dialog box defaults to the directory where my library part is. I do not want to save the file here, but with my other design files for the job in question. Is there a way to change it so that it saves into my desired "working directory" and not into the design library directory?

ProE has a configuration option for the "file_open" dialog box to always point to your "working_directory", so you don't have to fumble through a dozen folders to return back to the job folder you are currently working on.

My mentors are just telling me "that's just the way Solidworks is", but I don't beleive that for a second.

WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY!

Thanks, peace out.

JJM

Hello,

Yes there exists a solution, CustomTools, a SolidWorks gold Partner.

With CustomTools, item codes can be automatically generated and files saved to the desired location, you just have to define where you want your files to be saves and CustomTools will do it automatically for you.

With CustomTools, you do not have to give a name for every single item anymore; all the codes are created by CustomTools. In the save options, you are able to specify how CustomTools should save your documents, and determinate an automatic location.

This add in presents other features such as batch printing, file conversion, connection to Erp-mpr, dictionaries, and database

This allows you to save an important amount of time

Francois SIMON

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back