Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Swwept protrusion thru 3d points

cityjack

Morning all,

Completely new here to this forum and even newer to SW. Very long time Pro/E user. I will explain briefly what I am trying to do and how I would do it in Pro. Then if someone could please tell me the most efficient and modifiable solution in SW. I need to sweep a circle to create a hose in 3D space. No we do not have the piping option here. I would create a "datum point at center of arc" at both the start and stop of the hose. Then create additional points either "offset from point or Coordinate system" in 3D space. Then I would create a curve through points(spline) for my trajectory(path) then Pro dumps into sketch, I draw my circle on the end of the trajectory and I get my sweep. I would then modify the points individually to get what I want in 3D space for my sweep. Please make this as painless as possible. I spent 1 hour yesterday with a VAR for tech support and they stumbled and bumbled and frustrated me even further, for something I could have accomplished in 15 minutes probably in Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sid

draw your path that is going to be the center of the hose through 3d space it can go almost anyway at this point.

Now go to Insert - reference geometry - plane and hit the option for normal to curve. You draw your circle that will define the diameter of the hose on the "normal to" plane and make coincident or pierce the centerpoint of the circle with the end of your 3d sketch.

From here swept boss base and the 3de sketch is your path the circel is your profile.

If you are having trouble with 3d sketches I suggest the included help tutorial for the Bar B Q grill might give some insight.Sweep will follow any spline or sketch through 3d space.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back