Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

continuous motion within an animation

JasonBoyer

Hiya!

I'm not entirely familiar with Solidworks' abilities in creating animation sequences.. and I'm hoping some light can be shed on this problem.

I've got a model with moving parts (spinning fan/motor), that I would like to setup to spin continuously - throughout the entire animation - as I move the camera around various locations and views, and moving other various parts of the model.

so I imagine this is possible, and I'm hoping Solidworks has a tool or feature that simplifies the setup/configuration of this aspect of the animation.. if not, any suggestions as to the simplest way to accomplish this?

thanks a bunch!

I try a suggestion (because you have no reply at your question). If you can work with Visual Basic, record a macro with some simple movements. Then edit this macro and analyse how SW memorise the movements and thepositions. Create some variables for the positions and movements and designa cycles FOR - NEXT or LOOP WHILE (UNTIL) where increment with small steps this variables.

I repeat: Is only a suggestion because I can not work (yet) with VB for Solid Works.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back