Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2008 install issues

lakesurfer

We have 2 issues:

1-We are unable to install 2008 (and 2007 for that matter) on a machine that meets the suggested hardware specifications but it refuses to let the program be installed.

It is a Dell 390 with 3.4Ghz P4, 1Gb RAM, ATI V3100 128Mb graphics.We have tried different drivers,virus protection disabled etc. We even have our SW vendor working on a solution for about 2 weeks with no help as of yet.

Any one have any ideas?

2-I have 2008 installed on my machine but it is having wierd display problems. Ghost windows of apps that are not current or shut down completely as well as non-responsive mouse and keyboard inputs along with delayed reaction to input.

My system is M90 2.4Ghz dual core, 4Gb RAM, 2500m Nvidia graphics 512Mb with a Logitec MX Revolution mouse. I have tried Softwware updates, drivers, system setup, virus protection disabled etc.

I also have SymantecAntivirus. Has anyone heard of this causing problems?

Even i am getting some error after installing the software 2008 SP0, check out the error message below.

Error creating instance of MSXML2::DOMDocument.

What could be the problem? Please clear me ASAP.

When install SW, the instalation program ask for folders where you wish to install different modules. Are you specify DIFFERENT folders for SW 2008 ? If not, try again;can be necesary to reinstall SW 2007.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back