Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Earning Certification

reessm01

I was not too sure as to where I should post this question, but I was wondering where I could earn my certification/training in Solidworks? Links would be wonderful. I am in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area if that helps.

Can you earn the certification/training online?

I can't seem to find all this information by myself. Can someone help me out?

i think so depending on the prospective employer. it would show that you are legitimate and not just a fly by nighter it certainly would inhance your resumeif you don't pass, it shows you your weaknesses&n bsp; it cost $500 some dollars initially, and $500 again if you have to retest it can be taken at home i understand that CATI is now offering it temporarily for free check to make sure

Hey thanks for responding, checked out that website you referred. Looks like great training and certification, but is it all in a class room setting? Or they offer the same amount of coverage online as well? The nearest location from my place is about 3 hours away, I would rather not to drive out that way too many times. You know if they have the courses all together in a week? I could stay in a hotel during that time.

Anything else you guys suggest?

i don't think these seminars with CATI are online but they arevery good. i took 4 or 5 in Boston lin otherwise, "iget it" is a streaming video tutorial and they have a really great site that i have been subscribed to for a number of years. it comes in real handy as a reference, also. http://www.myigetit.com/

solidprofessor http://www.solidprofessor.com/is good, too, but in my opinion not as good as "iget it". it's also more expensive than "iget It". highly rcommend "i get it"(about $250)over Solid Professor(about $600)

I agree that being certified is a good idea but back it up with a good portfolio of work, either printed out in hight quality in an art folder or in a pc presentation. I am not certified but my portfolio always impressed prospective employers.

Michael

Thanks for the info Ridein
smiley32.gif

This should come in handy as a practice test.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back