Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to Show necessary Hidden Lines?

Mansoor.Ja

Hi All,

This is Mansoor Joined newly in this Forum. I have recently joined
SolidWorks Training Program. I am undergoing a project in which the
Scope is Drafting for MutiBody components. In this project I am facing a problem,
in Drafting, I have to take a section view in which I need to show hidden lines
of a particular slot alone (I don't want to show other Hidden
Edges). I asked this doubt to my Tutor he said I need to Hide all the
edges other than the necessary edge. If I follow this Method I have
to hide more than 100 edges It will be more time consuming process. Can
you please help me in solving this issue.

Waiting for Reply,

Thanks and Regards,

Mansoor

Hi

Make the drawing with no hidden edges shown. In feature manager tree select the feature right click the feature that you want to show hidden edges and you have the option "Show/Hide".

Nucu
smiley1.gif

Hi Nucu,

Thanks for your reply. I tried this option its working fine for drawing Views but in case of sectional views its not working fine. I even switched on the hiddenline of the correponding feature in parent view and then took the section view,but its not working. Please let me know is there any other way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Mansoor

Hi

Show all the hidden edges in section view. Enable a selection filter edges and select all the edges of the hidden feature. With ctrl select the edges (window) of the feature to show. R click and hide edge. It is not a nice solution but is faster than selecting each edge.

Nucu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back