Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Advance SolidWorks Designer in LA

Awarren

Does anyone know the going salary for LA? I do some Moonlighting and one of my customers is bitching about price. He says he day job company only pays a guy in LA $22 to do advance 3D Solidworks designs. Something like 5,000 designs in 3 years. It is a company call Sam Pievac, if anyone knows the designers there. It is not apples to apples design work (because he is doing something totally different on the side job). But I still think he is full of it saying they only pay someone with that much experience in LA $22. Hell I know of users in Po-dunk TN and KY that make that much an hour...

Oh yeah, sounds like low balling. But lemme ask you a question. How do you approach a company about side work?

Awarren,

I know I'm a long way from LA but your customer is full of it. I do advanced modelling for people outside of my normal work using SolidWorks and ProE and bring in

Ifyou're looking for side work, you canposton www.guru.com

good luck
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back