Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

File Converter

tva.amitava

Hi

I have made one crane in Solidworks. Now I need to import that crane file into a software called OrcaFlex.This software only allows *.x files to be imported.Can any one help me finding a converter from *.sldasm to *.x

Thanks

I am not familiar with the program at all beyond what it says on it's website. OrcaFlex is a software used for design and analysis of equipment usedin marine environments (oil rigs, offshore facilities, etc.). The website is www.orcina.com

I would STRONGLY suggest that you contact the makers of the software directly (they are in the UK) and ask them how to get your model into their software correctly. Their email is [email protected]Contact: Dave Thomas or Colin Blundell

Their contact in India is

Aryatech Marine and Offshore Services Pvt. Ltd.
B-1 Hauz Khas
New Delhi 110016
India
Tel: +911146018102
Fax: +911146018103
Email: [email protected]

Thank you for your reply. I did some Google search and found this software called NuGraf which imports a large number of 3d software files and exports them in other 3d software formats like Maya,SolidEdge...etc. But the software is pretty costly(400$).

So if any one knows any other good conversion software which is cheaper please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by: tva.amitava

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back