Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Snap and inferencing not working

old_dog

I can't seem to get the snap feature and even the inferencing to work. In sketch, for example, adding a feature to a model with existing features, and in drawing a line, it seems to hilight the end of an existing line, but then it puts the new point/line almost there. I can go into relations and fix the point, but it is really tedious. Drawing a rectangle is a waste- it will not "attach" to existing lines when sketched, and when you put one edge collinear, it breaks away from the rectangle leaving three lines floating. So to draw a simple rectangle, you are better off drawing four separate lines (which is not right).

I'm a very occasional user trying to warm back up, and this is driving me crazy. In sketch settings Iactivated the "automatic" relations (can't remember exactly what it was called), and I got the ortho to work finally, but all the normal inferencing stuff is dead. In 2007 sp0, xp,if that helps. I feel like I havesome obscure setting wrong, but can't find out what it is.

Thanks for anty help!

In system option sketch relation
please check all the options. Especially the
option snap to model geometry is important.
to snap features edges & points.

I tried that and more. I even tried resetting all settings to default. I can get it to snap by using grids (it will snap to the grid) but that's not the same as the inferencing snaps. The midpoints don't light up, little dashed lines don't appear, etc. I tried 2006 which I still have on the machine, and it doesn't work there, either. I'm beginning to wonder if some weird problem with the video card exists (but that doesn't make sense at all).

If you think of anything else, please let me know...

Thanks!

I'd modify/reinstall your software. Have your disks ready and go to add/remove programs and click on modify. You probably have a messed up dll or something.

good luck.
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back