Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

A "drawing" with a Perspective view

designsbysnell

I'm beginning think that I can't put a perspective view into a drawing. Not just "trimetric" - "dimetric" or "same as current view" (which is the view without perspective). what I'm aiming to do is then export as a vector shape into illustrators for a presentation page.
does any one have any ideas

I've never tried it in a drawing, but if you open the part (not the drawing) click View > Display > Perspective. If you change the background to white and do a wireframe view, you should be able to do a screen capture and get the same effect.

If you are in the drawing and also have the part open, you can switch over to the part, turn it to the orientation you want to see, and leave it there. Then switch back to the drawing. Insert a view that says something like "current view" and it will be what you have in the part at this time.

Good luck,

Smoky

Note: The best way to screen capture is to "save-as" a JPG. These can look great in presentations

M

SSLaser said:
I've never tried it in a drawing, but if you open the part (not the drawing) click View > Display > Perspective. If you change the background to white and do a wireframe view, you should be able to do a screen capture and get the same effect.

thanks for your reply

but as i understand

If I was to do a screen-capture, it would ultimately be a bit map of a sort. What i would like to do is save as illustrators files or freehand or an eps ...........and so on, being some sort of vector shape which i can further manipulate

so if you've got any other suggestion

Smoky said:
If you are in the drawing and also have the part open, you can switch over to the part, turn it to the orientation you want to see, and leave it there. Then switch back to the drawing. Insert a view that says something like "current view" and it will be what you have in the part at this time.

Good luck,

Smoky

This is fine... but it doesn't recreate the perspective (the depth of view)

designsbysnell said:
I'm beginning think that I can't put a perspective view into a drawing. Not just "trimetric" - "dimetric" or "same as current view" (which is the view without perspective). what I'm aiming to do is then export as a vector shape into illustrators for a presentation page.
does any one have any ideas

I just did it. it only works on a new drawing, first view inserted. after that, ya don't get the option any longer.

Set your view to how you like it, add perspective, create a new drawing and insert the current view. then you can save it as a dxf or dwg for your illustrators to have at it.

good luck
smiley32.gif

here is how to do as many views as you want with as much or as little perspective as you want.

Set up your angle in the part window exactly how you want it.

Hit the space bar and click the left most telescope icon (new view) and label that what ever you can remember.

when you make a drawign of that part you can pick this new view from the standard views selction, and it will appear with as much or as little perspective as it was saved with at that exact angle.

good luck. you can set up some awesome views doing this
Edited by: skateboardkid

Skateboardkid has it 100% accurate! You need to save the models orientation via Spacebar>Orientation>New View. This will become available for your drawing views.

While on the subject, is there a way to change the depth of perspective??? There really doesn't seem to be a noticeble difference when changing to perspective. I think it should be more pronounced or over exagerated with the "vanishing point"! Do you agree?

I know from past experience when new to Inventor 3.0 (LONG AGO), they had a setting where you could hold the shift key down and roll the mouse wheel to adjust the perspective! That was very slick!

jtuttle said:
While on the subject, is there a way to change the depth of perspective??? There really doesn't seem to be a noticeble difference when changing to perspective. I think it should be more pronounced or over exagerated with the "vanishing point"! Do you agree?

SW HELP FILE SAYS:

Perspective is related to the size of the object being observed and the distance of that object from the observer. You can modify the perspective by specifying the Object Sizes Away. The smaller the value, the greater the amount of perspective distortion.
To change the perspective:

1. <LI =kadov-p>

Select Perspective (View toolbar) or View, Display, Perspective.
    <LI =kadov-p>

Click View, Modify, Perspective.
    <LI =kadov-p>

Enter a value for Object Sizes Away.
    <LI =kadov-p>
    Click OK . </LI>
(When in doubt...see the help file!) With some experimenting, the value of 1 isn't exagerated as I would like.User inputdoes accept decimal values less than 1. A value of .25 or the likes thereof, seems to be more to my own likeness. But it all depends on individual tastes.
Hope this information is helpful to some of you!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back