Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametric Analysis Features

Mloew

Hello all,

I using a Pro/E parametric model representing the mass centers of the sub systems of a vehicle to determine the loads on the axles. I am using analysis features to drive the size of a cube protrusion to a certain mass as a relation. The mass of each solid feature is therefore hard-coded. The code of the analysis feature looks like this:

mass=(some real number)

length=(mass)^(1/3)

There is a relation for each protrusion feature that sets the depth equal to the length, so I end up with a cube sized to produce the mass I indicate. The density of the part is set to unity, BTW. Is there a way that the mass can be used as a parameter suitable for modifying in an optimization study? I can break the groups, suppress the analysis feature and drive one of the dimensions of the protrusion, but I was looking for something a bit more elegant. I can see using part parameters to do the job, but I would like to avoid them due to the number of parameters already present at the part level.

I would appreciate any comments. Thank you.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

PS I posted this question on www.eng-tips.com as well

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back