Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

another swept boss/base problem

RMS1

I am having trouble drawing a helical spring, when I go and try to put a circle at the end point of the spring I cannot attach it to the spring the center point of the circle won't see the end point of the spring??

Thanks for any advice....

smiley5.gif

Edited by: RMS1

you must point the circle centre and helical curve near the end where is your sketch plane, then choose the pierce to attach the centre to curve.

Rimma said:
you must point the circle centre and helical curve near the end where is your sketch plane, then choose the pierce to attach the centre to curve.

Where do I find "pierce" at, is that like a snap?

May be I don't understand you rihgt. If you want to build the helical spring at first you must to build the helical curve using helix/spiral. Then you must to create the plane for skatch at the end of helical curve using normal to curve. To attach circle centre to helical curve use snap add relation and choose the pierce then use swept boss base to build the helical spring.

Rimma said:
May be I don't understand you rihgt. If you want to build the helical spring at first you must to build the helical curve using helix/spiral. Then you must to create the plane for skatch at the end of helical curve using normal to curve. To attach circle centre to helical curve use snap add relation and choose the pierce then use swept boss base to build the helical spring.

Yeah thanks I finally got it, I dont thing my original plane was at the end of the spring and I really had to play arround fixing that and try to use pierce I finally got it to work!

Thanks!

RMS1... just courious... do you ever or have you ever read the HELP files which are installed onto your system with Solidworks? They work really well and aren't written too bad either. Just wondering, that's all.
smiley36.gif

ttraser said:
RMS1... just courious... do you ever or have you ever read the HELP files which are installed onto your system with Solidworks? They work really well and aren't written too bad either. Just wondering, that's all.
smiley36.gif

Always a wise As* in the group.

smiley4.gif

LOL

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back