Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

text question

Mike123

I am new atgenerating drawings from solidworks and was hoping someone could help me out. The issue I am trying to resolve is text lineweight. I can not seem to get the text to print out bold to match drawings that I produce with other software. It seems to "thicken" as the text font grows. "Bold" helps a little and "line thickness" does not have an effect. I would like to stick with the "RomanD" font.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Mike123

under Document propertied, Detailing, Annotations Font, Annotation type, dimension, RomanD, BOLD.

Hope it helps... good luck.

smiley32.gif

am new atgenerating drawings from solidworks and was hoping someone could help me out. The issue I am trying to resolve is text lineweight. I can not seem to get the text to print out bold to match drawings that I produce with other software. It seems to "thicken" as the text font grows. "Bold" helps a little and "line thickness" does not have an effect. I would like to stick with the "RomanD" font.

When I said it helps a little I meant without bold it is almost non existent and with bold it is still not acceptable.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Is there any other command or function that controls the lwt of text?

Thank you

WELL, you can place all dimensions on a "layer", then specify the "thickness" of the layer. This will change the line weight as well though.

Thickness seams to have no effect on text.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

It seams to be one of those "windows based" items which is user friendly and intuitive, but leaves very little room for customization.

I think part of your problem may bethe RomanD font itself. You may have better results going with a Truetype font, which by it's definition has a scalable character size that is adjustable without quality loss. I am not certain that your RomanD font is a Truetype. Also, if possible stickwith one of the fonts that isinstalled as standard with the Windows Operating System.That way if you sendyour drawing to someone elseyou can be sure it will be displayed the same; if you have a custom font andthey don't have it (as if you were using a version of Solidworks beforethePack NGo feature)Solidworks would try to substitute and results could be unpredictable.

I think you will find that switching to a Truetype font will make a dramatic difference, and that will apply regardless if you are printing an A size or a D size.I find that I can print either at 600 dpi on an 8.5 x 11 inch laser and still have them readable so long as I maintainminimum text heights
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back