Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Kindly share your API experience

venugopal

Hi, If any body has worked on Autmating the Drawing updation & worked on Drawing APIs kindly share the experience & what are the different options that are available with drawings.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu.

Hi, iam presently automating the view updation, repositioning, & sheet selection of Drawings in SolidWorks based on the component size. This entire process i do it using Excel & VBA; using SolidWorks API. So if anybody worked on such projects & any thing related to such a kind of work i would like to know. At the same time if anybody can provide me on how i can provide my client with more options in drawing automationby letting himget more out of automationin less time.

I'm not quite sure how you can conveniently determine the scales of the drawing views, without some user input. But maybe you could define external file properties such as "length", "width" and "height" with each variable assigned to "D1@extrude1" or a keyed-in value. I always tell people to use external file properties as much as possible since Microsoft has an external file property reader "dsofile.dll" available at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224351. With a little time and effort, their example can be modified to work with Solidworks API or VB 6. You could use these variables to set up the sheets as you need to. There may be a totally easier way to do this though. Let me know if this helps at all.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back