Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Un-satisfied mates

head scratcher

Hello,

I'm trying to create an animation but it is not working due to problems with my assembly mates. SW is saying there are many mates over defining the assembly. I guess I'm doing something wrong with my mating process. Is there a qucik fix as the assembly contains many mates and it will take ages to go through them all and satisfy them..

You just need some degrees of freedom in your mates. You might want to create another configuration first and go through the mates and suppress the ones which constrain your parts too much. That way you haven't lost your restrained assembly.

Cheers for that,

I've got over the mates issue I think but when I do the animation I move to the compents from start position to finishing position. On playback however, the componenets jump all over the place?? Any ideas? They're not travelling the path i set them on at all..

i've had the same. make sure that if you use multiple parts, you create a contact (it's the drup with a hole, or whatever it is). if you do this, the assembly study on the left comes up. change it to physical study and then add the contact and gravity if needed.

hope this helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back