Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Client License Checkout

bwynveen

I have installed the license server for 2007 and added the appropriate license file. I am able to use license when connected to the network, and when I check out a license from a client machine, it shows on the server that a license has been checked out by the user. After checking out a license, and the verifying this on the server, I unplug the network and attempt to startup SolidWorks 2007. While starting up the software, I receive a message on the client machine stating that I do not have a license file to run SolidWorks and it gives me an error -96,7,11004.

Has anyone run into a similar situation, or know of what this error message stands for so that I may get this resolved? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Ben

This is just a guess....you can use it fine on the client pc when connected to the network because the software finds the dongle attached to the license server. When you disconnect from the server your software on your client machine can no longer find the dongle so it basically freezes up and says 'no way - not authorized to run because there is no dongle".

I think you might findan answer here, scroll down and follow the instructions for installing an "any" license [url]http://files.solidworks.com/supportfiles/SNLAdminGuide/2007/ English/netlicguide.htm#Section6 [/url]

Hope it helps...Angstboy

Ben,

It is set to be a licensed server, not a stand alone. It won't workas astand alone. Why are you trying to work unplugged from the network?

It is set to be a licensed server. I need to unplug from the network so I can take the laptop to the customer site and do some field design for a day or two. I also use the laptop for when our salesman go on the road.
<div style="text-align: right;">
</div>

In a situation like that, you might be better off talking to your Solidworks vendor and getting one of the seats on your network converted into a stand-alone. It sounds like your needs have changed since your initial Solidworks network was set up.
Edited by: Angstboy

Angstboy is correct. You will need a stand alone license on your laptop. Totally seperate from the license server.

In Sw 2007 can borrow a license to use from a remote location. You must be connected to the license server to borrow the license, but not necessarily to use it once you check it out. Max borrow is 30 days.

I have one user who does this quite a bit with their laptop when taking it home.
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back