Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

converting surface into a solid

hellomoto

what is the command for converting surfaces into solids?

I created a rectangular flange on a cylindrical body. then created a projected curve on the surface of the cylinder. the curve is a "v" shaped curve. Then lofted the bottom surface of the flange to the surface of the cylinder, using the "v" curve as the final profile. So, now how do I solidify that geometry?

I tried the thicken command but, it's not quite what I'm looking for. The thicken command is like an offset command, it can't be bounded to the surface of the cylinder.

Solidworks 2007 sp2.2

solved it.... I had to split the surface on the the cylinder body that was bounded by the lofted surface. Then use the knit command to combine the split surface with the lofted surface and the surface under the flange (with the "form a solid" box checked).

Originally, I thought I can use the cylinder body as the bounding surface. but, spliting the surface is required.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back