Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assemblies

Santose

has anyone seen this?

I have been experiencing troubles with Larg Assemblies,

symtums are screen goes black with an occurring lag time when it happens enuogh I get a run time error and the widow closes is there a fix or is it how the Assembliesare being built?

Please help,

You do not specify a lot of things likewhat version of Solidworks and what your pc hardware configuration is. This could have a lot to do with your graphics card, cpu, ram and hard drive specs. Are youusing Large Assy Mode (or not) and loading things Lightweight (or not)? How "large" is a "large" assembly to YOU? If you are trying to load a huge monster with an underpowered pc or (worse yet) a graphics card designed for video games and not something designed for Solidworks CAD (like an Nvidia Quadro) or a combination of the two then yes, I could envision this kind of thing happening. The first thing I would look at is your CAD station itself. Solidworks is a resource hog. If you are dealing with large assemblies, you need a fast pc with lots of ram and a decent graphics card. A fast hard drive is a plus too. And are you loading these across a network? That's another factor.

I have had something like that to happen. The working area of solidworks screen goes black. I really thought it was my graphics (which is very decent to high end). But the people at SW tell me that it is the communication speed of my network. I have 100Mbps right now. They are working on getting us 1gig switches. I hope that helps!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back