Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

inplace mate

right click on the part, view mates, remove the mate, create new mates using mating features, planes, etc.

Not in 2011.

I've used SW several years ago and used ProE wf3 for 3 years prior to now. Just changed companies and they bought SW 2011.

I'm having this problem.

In order to get an assembly fully defined after applying CONSTRAINTS in ProE aka MATES in SW. I have to left click on every part in my tree and left click on FIX.

It dims all my MATES but shows the assembly to be FULLY DEFINED in the bottom right coner of the window.

BUT now I CANNOT modify a MATE. If I try to change the mateit gives methe followingerror message saying

THIS MATE IS INACTIVE BECAUSE IT IS BETWEEN FIXED COMPONENTS, AND THE FIXED PARTS ARE POSITIONED SUCH THAT IT IS NOT SATISFIED.

If I click the green check mark to accept the change it tells me that the change will be ignored.

If I delete the mate and rebuild the assembly is still FULLY DEFINED! How weird is that.

There has to be a way to modify an assembly after it has been MATED OR CONSTRAINED.

thanks James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back