Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parent/Child

jeyaar

As I am new one in solidworks community so I have got a lot of questions. I have got really into this program so I would preciate to every answer.
smiley2.gif

How to move child object into certain parent object?
smiley1.gif

Jeyaar- I am not certain what you're asking. Are you trying to break the parent-child relationship? If so, edit the feature and/or sketch of the child to remove all reference to the parent.

You can then drag and drop in the feature manager tree.

Peter

The thing is I have put together a couple of details. I intended to make a hole through both of them in an assembly. The hole was made but then I am for example about to copy this particular detail - this hole merges.

How is it possible to maintain this hole in this assembly even if I am about to copy the detail for example to another assembly?

Thanks for any answer in advance!

I think I would create the assembly sketch for the hole feature. Then edit part or subassembly and create the hole in-context (highlight the part/subassembly in the tree, right click, click "Edit Part" or "Edit Sub-assembly") referencing the sketch you created in the assembly. You would have to create a new sketch, and use the convert tool.

Extrude the hole, then edit the other part or subassembly, and do the same thing.

This way, the holes are controlled through the assembly sketch by usingexternal references on each part which will maintain the link to the assembly sketch..

I hope this is what you are after. Maybe someone out there has an easier solution...

Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back