Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Feature approach?

PineappleAss

Hey guys, I'm trying to model a Kabar knife. I'm having a little bit of trouble modeling the tip of the knife. I've tried a lot of things, but the image below shows where I'm at now. I started by extruding the general profile of the knife. I then used a swept cut on the bottom edge to make that sharp, and am using a chamfer on the top edge. This looks okay. However, I'd like a little more control over the top edge. Any thoughts on how to approach this? I'm looking to get it a little closer to the reference image. Thanks in advance.

kabar1.jpg

Think I figured it out actually. I'm going to make the underlying profile on one plane. Then, on an offset plane, make the profile that I want it to end up being, and just do a loft. That way I have complete control over each profile. But still, if you know a better way, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back