Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mating

blah-de-blah

Hi,

Im trying to mate an object that's width depends on another object. For example, say I have a cylinder of any radius, I want it to fit exactly into a hole of radius 10mm. But If i change the hole to radius 20mm, I want the cylinder's radius to automatically update. I know this can be done with mating, but Im not sure how.

Thanks for any help

hi!

i think you should make your hole referred/driven bythe cylinder such that if you change the cylinder radius, the hole radius changes as well...

you have to place the cylinder to the location you want it to be then you can place a hole on the part using convert entities in sketch, that is using the edge of the cylinder as entity to be converted...

i dont know if there are some ways to do this...

Hi,
Edit the cylinder in the assembly and make circle sketch of the cylinder equal (or offset) with circle edge of the hole

Are you trying to just drive the hole size with the cylinder, or do you want to be able to replace the cylinder component with a new size and have the hole update?

If you just want to drive the hole size, either method mentioned above will work.

If you want to drive the hole size based on the size of the component you assemble, I don't believe this can be accomplished -- or at least not easily. I assume you could write some VB script to do it. Even so, this would like result in lost references when you try to send your files out unless you give everyone your VB script you spent your own time writing!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back