Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exporting pictres (nonpixelized)

BBak

Hi,

I'm trying to export a picture of an assemply. The problem I've had so far is that pictures are in a very poor quality and very pixelized no matter what format I'm exporting to.
I'm not interrested in fancy surfaces made in photoworks so what I've tried so far is to:
<ul>[*]"Print" from solidworks using adobes pdf printer.[*]"Save as" - saving as PNG, JPEG, eps, Tiff etc..
[/list]Is there any way to to export to true vectorformat picture like eps?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I've had the same problem, Inventor lets you choose the resolution of the bitmap to save, it would be a nice feature in Solidworks. A work around has been to get a freeware screen capture and save it in the maximum resolution of the screen, then crop the picture with some imaging software (freeware Gimp works ok).

Hello BBak. I use a small program ($40) called SnagIt!.
Buy it, you won't regret it. Find it here www.techsmith.com Everyone always wants to know how I create the pics and presentations I do with it.

Best of Luck

Antonio

Somewhat better than screencap; choose render to file in photoworks
menue, set the resolution to something that fits your needs.

If you badly need to take normal screencap you can always try to plug in a
huge screen, or just use a crt and pump up the resolution to max, change to
fullscreen in view-menue and remove all your buttons and such to maximize
the view-area.

No way to get vectorformat as I know.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back