Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks- missing parts

Machinary

Hi,

When I open a certain solidworks drawing i noticed that there are parts missing in the assembly drawing and also, there are somedescription and items missing in the Bill of materials. However, when i view the file in e-drawings viewer everything looks fine, but when i open the file there are some stuff missing.

If anyone knows why this is happening please shed some light this way.....

Kind Regards,

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

You could try different display styles in drawing. Sometime 'hidden line removed' hide some parts in drawing. I have noticed in SW2006. Or try to open assembly and parts in the assembly it will help to update the BOM. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks.

Hello Ahmed

When you open the Assembly Drawing do you have a Blue Feather on top of the View Names in the Feature Manager Tree. Sometimes, people will set Views to load Lightweight (Blue Feather)thus some components are missing in the BOM. If you right-click on one of the View Names and select Lightweight to Resolved the missing components will appear in the BOM. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back