Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

issue with COSMOSxpress

symbiote

Hi

I dont know if this thread belongs here but ill give it a shot anyways..
smiley17.gif

I was using COSMOSxpress with a bracket i was designing..it was quite basic really but it was giving me unbelievable results..and i found this to be consisten with ANY model that i made be it small or large. An example; i made a cast iron block 30cm x 30cm x 30cm...when restrainting it from the base and applying a force of a MERE 1 N to the side i.e perpindicular to the base it shows the model as being "bent" or "warped" in the direction of the force....

I am new to COSMOSxpress but have been using SW for over a year now, ive tried a number of simple things but i cannot get a believable result...i have even tried reducing the force to 0.0000001 N !!!!!!!!!!!!! the model made of SOLID CAST IRON WARPS!!!!

i need some help on this urgently!!!
smiley18.gif

check the scale of the deformed plot. The displacement/deflection might be tiny but FEA programs usually scale up the deformation for better visualization.

MN

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back