Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DUAL SCREEN SET UP

Jackal

Hello,

I have an Nvidia Quadro 540 graphics card and am trying to set up the dual screen option.

It works fine with the exception that everytime I shut down and re-open Solidworks all the task bars I have moved over to the "secondary" screen return to the right hand side of the "primary" screen. I then have to drag them back over to the secondary screen again.

I have tried changing every settingin the graphics card settings (including leaving windows / task bars on the last screen used) but to no avail!

Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

Many thanks

smiley7.gif

I've got the1300, so I'm thinking the process is the same.

By task bars, do you mean the tool bars or the task pane?I tried to re-create your problem using both tool bars and task pane, but couldn't. The only thing I can suggest is make sure your OpenGL setting is set to SolidWorks.

Otherwise, you can put your toolbars on the SolidWorks app itself, much like Word or Excel. The task pane can also be "parked" in the SWX screen.

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Sorry if I sound like a novice but thats probably what I am.

I mean tool bars as opposed to the task pane. I am trying to get them to stay on the secondary display so that I can maximise the drawing area on the primary display.

How doI access the OpenGL settings to make sure it's set to Solidworks??

Anrmore help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jackal.

Go to any clear spot on your desktop, right click > choose properties > settings tab > Advanced > Quadro FX tab > after a slight delay the Quadro tab will open, and a fly out menu will appear on the left side of the dialog box.

If it doesn't, look for a little green pill shaped button along the left edge of the box.

Under Performance and Settings look for OpenGL Settings. At the bottom of the dialog box you should find a drop down menu under Custom OpenGL application setting. Choose SolidWorks.

The menu items and tabs vary from model to model, but hopefully this gives you a starting point. I don't know if this is what's causing your problem, but it can't hurt to try.

You also can conserve space for drawing display by setting your toolbar icons to "small" instead of the default"large:" right click on a blank area ofa toolbar > customize > uncheck "Large icons" near the bottom.

While you have the "customize" box open, click on the Commands tab, and look at the "Flyout Toolbars" options. I usually set the most common ones on the right side, such that they are arranged vertically. I have 4 or 5 of the most common ones. When you click on the flyout, their respective commands appear below them, arranged vertically. This also conserves space, because you don't have every optionof every flyout toolbar shown all the time- only the ones you need.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Hello Peter,

Have tried everything you've suggested now but still no luck.

However, you further space saving ideas have been a big help.

Many thanks.

Jackal

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back