Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Urgent help needed please (new memeber)

zeinf

Hi just foun this forum and very glad i did i am designing a flanged pipe for school using soildworks 2006 i have drawn half and am trying to miror it to be complete but after i have selected all the features i want to mirror and press mirror it says "Unable to create instances for the patteren. Try again by deacreasing the number of instances or the distance between instances" i tryed mirroring one feature out of time but it still gives me the same error PLEASE HELP I need to solve this problem fast thank you

In this circumstance you will have to mirror the 'bodies' not the features. There are two drop down boxes below Features to Mirror, in the morror dialog one is Faces to Mirror and the other is Bodies to Mirror, select bodies to mirror, remove any features or faces in the other drop donw boxes and then in the bodies box select the body to mirror, if you only want a section of a body mirrored you have to seperate that specific geometry from the rest of the body it is joined to and then mirror the body

Hope that helps

Ben

You may need to pick the body directly from the FeatureManager Design Tree- look for the Solid Bodies folder, open it, and preselect the body in there before starting the command.

If preselect won't work, then follow the instructions from benht, but selectthe body from the Solid Bodies folder.

You can alsoset the Selection Filter to select only bodies, and pick it graphically.

Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back