Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3d text

coxsac11

I am trying to add text on a surface. How do I create the text to follow that surface? I want to essentially extrude text from a radius surface with all the text having a uniform height along the surface. Let me know if I did not explain myself clearly.

To clarify a little more. I would like to use the text feature to do this. I can create a spline on the surface then extrude surface, then fill surface to get the what I am looking for. I was wondering if I could do this quicker than having to sketch every letter using the 3-d sketch spline tool. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well I just figured it out. For those of you to read this for some help here are my steps. First I created a datum above the surface. Then I put text on that plane. next I used surface extrude with the "from surface/face/plane option selected. Then select yoursurface then I used surface fill tocreate a solid. That's at least one way you can do it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back