Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Screen turning black when drawing

ZX6R

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone experiences their screen turning black while working with solidworks, drawing parts to be prescise. When I choose a different tool, or different view, or when I switch in between 2 running programs, my screen turns black with harsh jagged blue lines and edges around my drawing. I'm attaching a file to show you what I mean. Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? I'm running SW on a Pentium 4w/hyperthreading and 512mb Ram, and my other machine is an AthlonXP 2400+ with 1.5GB of RAM. They both experience this problem.

It also occurs on my friends Fujitsu 1.7mhz pentium centrino with 1gb of ram. Any suggestions??
All help is greatly appreciated!

I have seen this happen and it seems to be pretty random on my machine. I don't think this is a Solidworks problem as much as a graphics card issue. Are you using an approved graphics card per the solidworks website? Is your driver current? This is the type of questions that your local reseller would ask you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back