Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to cut text in the model

STEVEgao

Hi, there,

I just moved to SW from ProE and i have lots of fun from it. Does anyone know how to cut text? Say, I want to create a plate which has numbers, just like a switch plate in a meter. In ProE, we can create the text first, and then cut down the text. I am sure SW can do that as well.

I created a text using note commandin the model. But when i insert cut down, I can't choic the text. Anyone has some clue i can take?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

not a problem, select or create a plane above the part where you wish to place the text. Click on create sketch, select text tool and enterthe text you wish to cut. Position the text and then cut-Extrude.

To position the text, create constuction lines (with dim. if necessary), thenselect on which line you wish to place the text - now justify,above the line, below the line, left/right/center (look on in the text window)

Cheers

Andy

Hi, Andy,

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Thanks for your replay.Is the text tool under Annotations--A Note command? This one seems not working. You may mean different text tool. Can you tell me where it is?

Steve

Steve,

I am assuming you haven't got the text tool (a capital 'A')openwith your other sketchericons so go to the main toolbar at the top of the screen, click on Tools - Customize - sketch - select the 'A' and holding the mouse down drag and drop onto your sketch toolbar on theright ofyour screen. Should be fine now.

Cheers

Andy

Steve,

sorry missed out a stage in finding the text tool, it's Tools -Customize - Commands - Sketch - select the 'A'...............as before.

Andy

Hi, Andy,

Yes, you are right. I didn't have the "A" command under the Sketch. Now, it's done.

Accually, in my version(v2006), I can't insert the "A" command from Tool>Customize > Commands >sketch. But I can get it from View>Toolbars>Customize > Commands >sketch>"A". It's quite strange.Really helps me a lot. Many thanks.

Have a good week!

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back