Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E guy looking for SW Starter manual

dcs5292

Hi,

I've been working on Pro-E for about 10 years, and really enjoy it, but I may be getting into the Solidworks package very shortly. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of a manual that could take me step by step, from beginning to endon learning how to model and do drawings in SW.

Thanks for the help.

D

You don't need it. With your experience, all you need is those online tutorials and helps which come with program.

Trust me. I never needed anything else
smiley1.gif

If you want something more than the tutorials. SDC publications has some books by Marie Planchard that are decent in explaining most questions a new SW user would have.There is also a Solidworks for Dummies book located on the SW (it might be located on the Solidworks express page) website I think there is a link to where its sold. I have not read that one but they are usually a decent reference.Under the help menu of SW2005 there is a what's new manual which will help with some new features. With your experience in ProE it should be a snap switching to Solidworks. Good luck and I hope this helps.
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back